Skip to main content

MAKING THE RESOLUTION WORK BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI


MAKING THE RESOLUTION WORK BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI

Years ago, at the beginning of year like this, I put down loads of new year's resolutions. One of it was that I wouldn't lust because I battled with lust seriously. You wouldn't believe that after few days into the year, I would have done those things I didn't want to do anymore. I would cry and cry. 

Now, it is not all about writing down new year's resolutions. You can't handle anything by your strength. You need to ride on the strength of God. Any man who tries to help himself will only continue to fail. 

One of the things that affected me then that made me fall prey to lust was some movies I used to see. I just saw myself thinking so many weird things. I couldn't help myself. 

Now, in order to help my new year's resolutions, I must get rid of those films. In order to walk with God without any impediment, I must see to it that I don't see some movies again. I must begin to feed my soul with godly things. So, you see it's not all about writing something down. 

So that you don't start weeping at the end of the year because you fail to keep your new year's resolutions, stay with God this year. 

The secret to this year is staying with God. Prosperity is in your hands as you diligently seek God this year. Finally, make determination to pay some prices. 

It may have to do with you burning some disks, it may involve you disconnecting from some so-called fire-extinguisher friends. It may have to do with your appetite for some things. It may even have to do with the way you sleep. 

By all means, make every day of this year count.

Psalms 91:1; 1 Peter 2:1-2; 1 Corinthians 15:33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental...

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE Okay, before you go on, I am sending a big hug to you if you are a rape victim. I know it's not easy forgetting the ugly incidence but I want to tell you to let go of the past. I am not here to point accusing finger at you for whatever happened in the past. The past is past. Let your new you emerge. Come to love yourself. Forgive yourself. Forgive that person who defiled you. Let God wrap you in His arms.  Majority of rape incidence happens because of the carelessness on the part of the lady. A lady who's frequenting a guy's house in odd hours may not return the same way she came if she's not careful. We can't also overlook the fact that some guys are monsters. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They may appear harmless but they are like serpents. May God arrests their hearts.   One day Dinah, Leah's daughter, went to visit some of the young women who lived in the area. But when the local prince, Shechem son of ...

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She...