Skip to main content

TRUE LEADERSHIP BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI




TRUE LEADERSHIP BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI

I have been to some gatherings before and when it is time to get food, the so-called leaders would pack their bags full while some of their followers might not even get anything. But when it is time for assigning chores, they will never participate in it. They are perfect in ordering people around. 

Leadership is a call to service. 

It is not about lording yourself over others. When some are put in authority, they feel it's all about them. These set of people haven't  understood leadership in any sense. 

Others have to be put ahead of you. Imagine a leader whose welfarism is his utmost importance. Give such stuffs to share with others and you see the majority of the stuff landing in their bags. It's none of their business, even if their followers have nothing, so far themselves are contented. 

If you are the type that when they know you as a leader is when it is time for your troops to perform tedious tasks. You start commanding up and down yet your hands are idle; you would never be seen even taking part in any of the task. You are simply a taskmaster and not a leader. 

A true leader puts the interest of others at heart and before. He listens to their opinions, too. He cares about their lives generally. When David's servants broke into the garrison of the Philistines in Bethlehem to get water for him, he knew they risked their lives and he wouldn't drink such water. He poured it out to the Lord. 2 Samuel 23:16-17. Had it been some leaders today, they wouldn't mind if any evil befalls their men so far their desires are granted. 

Leadership is not about giving orders to those under you. You should be able to lead and others follow. An exemplary leader does things that others may follow. A true leader will not have to beg others to accord him respect. 

Jesus Christ is our perfect example of a leader worthy of emulation. He showed us that anyone who wants to lead must first be a servant. He walked with his disciples, washed their feet and showed them what leadership was all about. In that regard, we say leadership is a call to service. John 13:12-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental...

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE Okay, before you go on, I am sending a big hug to you if you are a rape victim. I know it's not easy forgetting the ugly incidence but I want to tell you to let go of the past. I am not here to point accusing finger at you for whatever happened in the past. The past is past. Let your new you emerge. Come to love yourself. Forgive yourself. Forgive that person who defiled you. Let God wrap you in His arms.  Majority of rape incidence happens because of the carelessness on the part of the lady. A lady who's frequenting a guy's house in odd hours may not return the same way she came if she's not careful. We can't also overlook the fact that some guys are monsters. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They may appear harmless but they are like serpents. May God arrests their hearts.   One day Dinah, Leah's daughter, went to visit some of the young women who lived in the area. But when the local prince, Shechem son of ...

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She...