Skip to main content

WHAT EVERY WRITER MUST KNOW BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI




WHAT EVERY WRITER MUST KNOW  BY TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI

The other day I wrote on consistency, a friend who is also a writer told me some days later that he wanted to write on the same topic that same day but was too busy. If he had done that, we would have written on the same topic, passing the same message, but the content might be different.

I was working on a write-up for some days and the day I planned publishing it, I saw something that looked just like it written by a friend. I was awed by how God inspires His own people. This has happened to me countless times. There are times I write on a particular subject, and days after, I see another writer writing on the same subject. What do I have to do? I have to relax, read, and be blessed. The person was inspired to write at that time on the same subject.

I wrote an article about five months ago. Those who are close to me know how I get inspired to write. My friend was sitting down right on my bed as I was writing that day because she came visiting. I published the article on Saturday, came back from church on Sunday only for me to find some heart-piercing comments on the article. A fellow writer said I plagiarized her work. To my own amazement, I have not even heard her name before in my lifetime nor come across her article before. I think she got to know of the article through one of my friends who shared it.

She tagged me on her wall, called me a thief, and all of that. It wasn't funny that day. She was like, I should give credit or leave it. I was wowed. I wept sorely, messaged her to explain that I haven't seen her write-up before but she didn't even believe me. As I prayed on the matter, I prayed for her, too, and forgave her in my heart.

Thank God for my friends who know the way I write and how I write. They really had my back. Thank God for the photographs I took on the write-up that served as part of evidence. If you have read this particular article, you know what I am talking about?

When God wanted to expose the issue and vindicate me, one of her friends who joined her in insulting me went to search for the post. It dated back October 2017. She took the screenshot and sent it to us. To my own amazement and others, her write-up was entirely different from mine though we were passing across the same message. The only thing that was the same was the message we were passing and nothing else. And thank God I had a barrister on my space who explained to us on the platform what plagiarism meant. That was how God helped me in solving the issue.

To all other writers, that God gave you inspiration to write on a subject does not mean He can't inspire other 7 thousand to do the same. After all, He is the source of the inspiration. He does things as He likes it. You are not the only Elijah. There are other seven thousand Elijah God could use.

Appreciate this God on behalf of other writers when you see what God is doing in them and through them. They are chosen vessels just like you.

When God inspires you to write, never take credit for it. Give the credit back to the source of all inspirations. You are only a vessel. God could use any of His own for the same assignment.

As writers, we all have space. My circle of friends might be different from yours. How will God reach them with His message when He inspires you to write? He may choose some other writers to write on the same topic so as to reach their circles.

Violent attacks is not allowed if you are Spirit-filled. You should be disciplined as a writer. Attacking other writers on the social media is a proof of immaturity. Display some maturity by private chatting the person.

And to the plagiarist at home, why don't you trust God for inspiration? Why must you plagiarize someone's work and call it your own. That does not speak well of our profession as sons of God. That act could be termed robbery. If you want to copy someone's post or quote, please give credit. The habit of removing the author's name and putting yours is not good. Don't steal someone else's work. Develop yourself.

Every writer must be known for his originality. A man who is inspired by God will never wish to be someone else.
Appreciate your uniqueness. Be the person God wants you to be.

Don't call it plagiarism because you saw someone wrote on the same topic you once published. The person may be inspired along that line, too. Plagiarism is copying of another person's ideas, texts, or other creative works, and presenting it as one's own, especially without permission.


Finally brethren, as we have been chosen as the YAHWEH'S PEN for this end time, let us be joined together in the same mind, let us not be divided. Till Christ come, let's continue to bring healing to the nations through our Holy ghost-inspired pen.

Your friend,
TRAILBLAZER AREGBESOLA BUNMI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental"

SEX DOES NOT HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT

SEX DOES NOT HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT  A whole lot of things must have been conceived  in your mind before indulging in sex.  That act you carried out was as a result of a lot of mental works that you have carried out in your mind before you finally carried it out.  Here are things to know before sex can actually happen between two people outside wedlock, rape situations excluded please.  1. Men generally, are moved by what they see. So, when a guy visits you and the next thing you do is  to expose your cleavages, wear bum shorts, with just the two of you behind closed doors, honestly speaking, that guy would have a whole lot of dirty things going on in his mind. You are inviting him either consciously or unconsciously.  2. Women generally, are turned on by sweet words spoken to them by men. Yes, we love it when we hear how amazing we are, how pretty we are. When a particular guy showers you with incessant praises, you tend to fall in love with such and this may br

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She was just