Skip to main content

LET ME SHARE PART OF MY STORY WITH YOU PART 2 BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA





LET ME SHARE PART OF MY STORY WITH YOU PART 2 BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA

I remembered how one man told me to see to it that I get admission.
One woman called me and asked why I always dance the way I danced then seeing I was really lagging behind. I told her it is the joy of the lord. When I left that spot, I felt like crying even though I was smiling when she talked. Her words were like blow.

There was a particular day two results of two schools I sat for came out at the same time. I didn't make it. I got to church and was very unhappy. I had to go out of the church and went to weep bitterly in the uncompleted mission house. A pastor consoled me and I came back to church.

Some of my friends then were already in higher institution. When they ask me how far? I tell them nothing yet. Some pitied me while some never bothered.

Later in 2013, you can't believe what happened??? I took pre degree form. It surprised everyone who knew me back then in secondary schools and other neighbouring schools that bunmi could go and obtain pre degree form. It was the least they expected. I never bothered.

I was shocked when mummy said either I like it or not, I must go for coaching. I told her I could read on my own but she refused. I didn't want to go because of shame but she obliged.

Guess who my physics tutor was?? My mate in secondary school but he was from a different school. One of my mates also took me chemistry one time. I didn't want to attend the coaching but I had no choice than to be obedient to my mum.

One of the tutors was surprised when he saw me one day in class. He was a guy who would always represent his school in quiz and competitions then. That was where I knee him. He had to call me to ascertain what was really wrong. I explained some things to him sha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental...

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE Okay, before you go on, I am sending a big hug to you if you are a rape victim. I know it's not easy forgetting the ugly incidence but I want to tell you to let go of the past. I am not here to point accusing finger at you for whatever happened in the past. The past is past. Let your new you emerge. Come to love yourself. Forgive yourself. Forgive that person who defiled you. Let God wrap you in His arms.  Majority of rape incidence happens because of the carelessness on the part of the lady. A lady who's frequenting a guy's house in odd hours may not return the same way she came if she's not careful. We can't also overlook the fact that some guys are monsters. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They may appear harmless but they are like serpents. May God arrests their hearts.   One day Dinah, Leah's daughter, went to visit some of the young women who lived in the area. But when the local prince, Shechem son of ...

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She...