Skip to main content

WHEN A MAN LOSES HIS WONDER BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA




WHEN A MAN LOSES HIS WONDER BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA

"When we keep our gaze on the lord, we will not be distracted by lesser glories that come to distract us." Rev Ken Igbinedion

*When a man is gradually decaying and it is unknown to him, there is no remedy from destruction for him*


When a man shifts his focus from the miraculous God to miracles, 
When a man shifts his attention from beholding God and begins to behold vanity,
When a man begins to see his circumstances instead of seeing the God who is over circumstances, 
He has begun to lose his wonder. 

When a man no longer sees the need for personal fellowship, 
When a man begins to see seeking God as a burden, 
He has begun to lose his wonder gradually. 

When a man begins to replace spiritual exercises with activities, 
When a man begins to see himself as lord of all, 
When a man begins to accumulate all the glory to himself instead of to God, 
He has begun to lose his wonder. 

When a man begins to pull others down, 
When a man no longer sees anything in it indulging in secret sins, 
When a man begins to dissociate himself from the brethren, 
When a man no longer needs the help of others, 
When a man is self-sufficient and not God-dependent, 
He has begun to lose his wonder.


When a man detests reproof but rather enjoys commendations, 
When a man begins to die silently and he can't open up to anyone who could be of help, 
He is beginning to lose his wonder gradually. 

My prayer this time for us is that:
 may we never lose our wonder;
Wide-eyed and mystified, 
May we be just like a child;
Staring at the beauty of our king, 
May we never lose our wonder. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental...

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE Okay, before you go on, I am sending a big hug to you if you are a rape victim. I know it's not easy forgetting the ugly incidence but I want to tell you to let go of the past. I am not here to point accusing finger at you for whatever happened in the past. The past is past. Let your new you emerge. Come to love yourself. Forgive yourself. Forgive that person who defiled you. Let God wrap you in His arms.  Majority of rape incidence happens because of the carelessness on the part of the lady. A lady who's frequenting a guy's house in odd hours may not return the same way she came if she's not careful. We can't also overlook the fact that some guys are monsters. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They may appear harmless but they are like serpents. May God arrests their hearts.   One day Dinah, Leah's daughter, went to visit some of the young women who lived in the area. But when the local prince, Shechem son of ...

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She...