Skip to main content

OCCUPY TILL I COME BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA




OCCUPY TILL I COME BY OLUWABUNMI AREGBESOLA 

REFLECTION
*Mummy told us that while they were in primary school, some of their mates dropped out of school because they heard Jesus will soon come back. You know the rest of the story.*



Don't use Jesus is coming back soon as a tool of negligence in your duty post. 
The reason why God placed us here is not to occupy space because we are not matter. We are to be fruitful in every good work. 
Just because this world is not our home does not give us an excuse to be irrelevant here. 
Our Lord says, occupy till I come! 



Have you stopped the good things you are doing because Jesus is coming back soon? 
What about the gifts He gave to you? Have you decided to bury them since Jesus is coming back soon? 
Occupy till I come! 



"When we meet Jesus, we don't want to meet Him as victims. We want to meet Him a Victor because that is who we are." Rev Kola Emiola
A victim will meet Jesus with shame and unfulfilled life. 
A Victor will say, I have run the race, I have finished my course. 



If you are truly waiting for Jesus to come back, occupy till He comes. 
Don't be consumed with the cares of this life. 
Do that which has been committed into your hands. 
Be faithful in your field.



And to you, why are you fainting seeing He is yet to appear? 
Can the bridegroom forget His bride? 
It is not possible. We are always on His mind. 
He is faithful and He can't deny us. 
Even as we look forth for the glorious appearing of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, let us hold forth the faith. 



We are of the day and so the day can't catch us unaware. 
We are alive and active. We know what we have been called to do. 
We are not weary of His coming. 
We are busy occupying till He comes. We are not busybodies. 
We are not of darkness whom the day of the Lord will catch unaware simply because they are engrossed with their evil works. 
We are of the day. 



And to you, you know you have no part in this. Who are you waiting for? You know the answer already. 
It is not the will of God that any man should perish. 
The wages of sin is death  but the gift of God through Jesus Christ is eternal life. 

I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER

NOT WITHOUT A FATHER For those who are so close to me, they will know I rarely mention my Dad. He's alive and healthy.  I grew up not knowing my Dad. I grew up not knowing what fatherly love meant. My Dad is very much alive but we are far from each other. I was around 11 years or so before he came looking for me. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me my mum. She went through a lot raising me.  So, while I was growing up, I envied those who talked about their dad so much. I wish I could be like them. I wish I could have someone who would be able to show me love. I didn't know fatherly love not until when I met my Spiritual father in Ibadan in 2010. He received me with open arms.  For several years, I lived with hurt and hatred in my heart. I cried bitterly most times when I reminisce about so many things.  A day came when I heard God said to me"For this reason were you separated from your mother's womb, you are not accidental...

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE

HOW I NARROWLY ESCAPED RAPE Okay, before you go on, I am sending a big hug to you if you are a rape victim. I know it's not easy forgetting the ugly incidence but I want to tell you to let go of the past. I am not here to point accusing finger at you for whatever happened in the past. The past is past. Let your new you emerge. Come to love yourself. Forgive yourself. Forgive that person who defiled you. Let God wrap you in His arms.  Majority of rape incidence happens because of the carelessness on the part of the lady. A lady who's frequenting a guy's house in odd hours may not return the same way she came if she's not careful. We can't also overlook the fact that some guys are monsters. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. They may appear harmless but they are like serpents. May God arrests their hearts.   One day Dinah, Leah's daughter, went to visit some of the young women who lived in the area. But when the local prince, Shechem son of ...

THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1)

PREPARING TO BE A HELP MEET BY DEBI PEARL  THE KID'S LOVE STORY (CHAPTER 1) Moral to the story: God wants, no, He needs us to pray.  CAUTION: Don't pray amiss.  The kid's love story is that of the author herself; Debi Pearl. She had just turned 13 when she first saw her man in a program  and immediately she knew he was the right one for her. Of course the man didn't notice her not until many years later. Why would God bypass a guy of at least 21 years old, and come to a kid of 13 years old telling her he was the one she was going to marry. Sounds weird right?  God does not do anything without a reason. He is the God who knows the end, right from the beginning.  When the young Debi got home, she told her mum, and her mum began to follow her up to always pray for the man of God. The young Debi took it upon herself, praying for the man of God. She wasn't praying to be his wife, neither was she praying for him to notice her. She...